- This event has passed.
Learning Café session “Boosting your business with space-based data”
25/05/2020 @ 12:30 - 16:00
The new digital space economy is an internationally growing field of research and development. The possibilities offered by large quantities of data collected from satellites bring interesting new opportunities for the private sector and the public sector. We have an opportunity to develop new knowledge as well as new products and services based on satellite data that strengthens industry’s competitiveness.
Welcome to an online Learning Café which consists of a webinar and a virtual workshop.
In the webinar, experts talk about the potential of space based data in business and the related funding opportunities, and case companies introduce their own ways to leverage space data in forestry and agriculture, logistics and positioning, maintenance, and geoinformatics.
In the workshop, we will be divided into groups by sector-of-interest and brainstorm together how space based data can be useful for business in that field, including current and potential future solutions.
Please sign up for the Learning Café here and you will get a link to attend the Learning Café.
You will find the privacy notice of the Learning Café registration here.
BOOSTING YOUR BUSINESS WITH SPACE-BASED DATA
When: Monday 25.5.2020, at 12:30-16:00 (Finnish time)
Where: Zoom video conference (the link for the webinar will be distributed separately by e-mail for those who have signed up)
12:30 Webinar begins
• KvarkenSpaceEco project presentation: Heidi Kuusniemi, Director, Digital Economy of the University of Vaasa
• Experts talk about the use of space-based data in business and, for example, about funding opportunities: Kimmo Isbjörnssund, Head of ESA BIC Finland, and Miranda Saarentaus, Senior Advisor, Geowise
• Case companies present their ways of utilizing space based data in: forestry and agriculture, logistics/positioning, maintenance services, and geoinformatics
• Assessing needs and requirements
• Current solutions
• Prospective future solutions utilising space data
16:00 End, wrap up
More speakers will be published later.